|Development of the Study on conservation agriculture practices in the Republic of Moldova|
Reg. no.: 42/16/PRRECI
Launch date: 2016-09-14 10:00:00
Deadline: 2016-10-24 10:00:00
Scope of work:
The objective of the Study is to provide an overview of the application of conservative agriculture practices in the Republic of Moldova in terms of progress, barriers/constraints/opportunities and measures to be carried out in the next five years in order to increase agricultural productivity taking into account climate changes.
Tasks of the assignment:
A service provider will be selected and contracted by CPIU-IFAD and Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry to undertake the following tasks:
1. Collect and analyse data on:
a) the extent of adoption of conservation agriculture and its constituent components (how widespread is the adoption of conservation agriculture practices in the Republic of Moldova, providing data on farmers applying zero-tillage, mini- tillage and strip- tillage, total cultivated land under each type of the CA soil preparation, structure of crops grown under CA system, comparative analyse of the crop yields on different system of soil preparation, type of farms, geographical location, etc.);
b) data on machinery, tools and equipment for CA Systems (machinery, tools and equipment available in the country: manufactures, distributors, suppliers, prices, customers’ satisfaction etc.).
2. To analyse what kind of support and technical assistance for farmers on implementation of CA farming is provided.
3. Assess impact of conservation agriculture on sustainable crop intensification (impact on crop production, impact on food security, impact on soil and water conservation, case studies, models, etc).
4. Provide SWOT analyse on implementation of CA. Barriers/constrains/opportunities, advantages and disadvantages of conservation tillage. Identification of necessary measures to overcome constraints and ensure further improvement.
5. Develop recommendations for Policy makers on improvement of transfer of technology and implementation of CA.
6. Develop recommendations for research and education institutions on improvement of CA adaptation in Moldova.
7. Develop practical recommendation for farmers who are in transition to CA or implement CA technologies.
For more detailed information please see:
Conditions for offer’s submission
CPIU-IFAD is entitled to cancel the tender at any stage of the competition due to the impossibility of financial coverage or due to unconformity of tenders to the requirements set out in the tender documents or other justified reason.